Guest List Tips
Narrowing down your wedding guest list can be a difficult and stressful task. However, it’s an important part of wedding planning to ensure that you have a manageable number of guests and that you stay within your budget. Here are some tips to help you narrow down your wedding guest list:
- Determine your budget: Before you start making your guest list, determine your budget for the wedding. This will give you an idea of how many people you can afford to invite.
- Make a preliminary list: Make a list of everyone you would like to invite to your wedding, including family members, friends, and coworkers. This list will likely be longer than what you can afford to invite, but it’s a good starting point.
- Categorize your guests: Divide your guest list into categories, such as immediate family, extended family, close friends, acquaintances, and coworkers. This will help you prioritize your guests and determine which categories are the most important to you.
- Set limits: Determine how many guests you can afford to invite based on your budget and venue capacity. Set limits for each category of guests and try to stick to them.
- Be selective: Don’t feel obligated to invite everyone you know. Be selective and only invite those who are important to you and your partner.
- Consider plus ones: Decide whether or not you will allow your guests to bring a plus one. If you do allow plus ones, consider setting some guidelines, such as only allowing married or engaged couples to bring a plus one.
- Be honest: If you’re unable to invite someone due to budget or venue constraints, be honest with them. Explain that you would love to invite them but unfortunately can’t due to space limitations.
- Be prepared for backlash: It’s common for guests to be upset if they’re not invited to a wedding. Be prepared for some backlash and have a response ready if someone questions why they weren’t invited.
Narrowing down your wedding guest list can be tough, but it’s an important part of wedding planning. By setting limits, being selective, and prioritizing your guests, you can create a guest list that works for you and your partner.
Check out our blog for more tips and tricks! #WEDDUCATE